One of the fastest and most desirable companies to work for is expanding its engineering team. The company has grown from 10 plants to over 20 in the last 8 years and is poised to continue its growth and profitability in 2019. if you are looking for a great company that can offer you a career of work life balance, environment, promotions and challenge this is where you belong.
The qualified candidate should have strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills with a strong background in industrial controls. The position will require experience with the latest versions of the Allen Bradley family of PLC’s, VFD’s and HMI’s/OIT’s and some Siemens equipment to be used in conjunction with a strong understanding of electrical controls systems, mechanical drives, pneumatic s, hydraulics, PC’s, robotics, Controls networks, Data Access, MS Access, SQL, Historian Software, and Wonderware.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise using all Rockwell Automation software packages and others as needed - Also preferred Siemens controls knowledge
- Review key plant metrics/KPIs and equipment data to identify potential areas for continuous improvement then lead a team to develop an engineered solution
- Provide second level support to the maintenance department and maintain PLC's and controls.
- Provide support for the manufacturing Controls networks and act as a liaison between plant personnel, corporate engineering and IT when needed (Knowledge of server systems is required)
- Manage Rockwell Automation software as well as ensuring all control devices are up to date with firmware and software revisions
- Maintain a library for all device back-ups and updates and clear documentation for all control systems.
- Work closely with production and maintenance supervisors to provide effective controls support
- Ensure equipment in area is maintained, guarded and operated in accordance with defined safety regulations and procedures
- Identify potential cost savings and cost avoidance; implement continuous improvement projects to achieve results
- Participate in design and implementation of capital projects, upgrades and system production operations machine and process improvements including budget planning for area and department
- Interface with outside contractors when needed and mange contractors on controls projects or assistance.
- Visit equipment suppliers as needed to inspect new equipment ensuring compliance with electrical specifications.
- Communicate and share technical information with corporate and other facilities around the US and internationally.
- Assures that General Safety and Food Safety is an absolute priority by setting the example as a member of senior management.
- Will be responsible for Mentoring, Developing, Training and Validating knowledge of Controls systems with all Mechanics