We need someone to establish and Lead a Controls Engineering Department in a leading food manufacturing facility. We need you to establish the department, implement policies, training, the engineering road-map and be the resident expert and then grow the department. This is part of an expanding team in a facility that implemented over $50 million in CAPEX improvements and a new entire production line. The plant is part of one of the fastest and most desirable companies to work for in the industry. The company has grown from 10 plants to over 20 in the last 10 years and is poised to continue its growth and profitability in 2019. If you are looking for a great company that can offer you a career of work life balance, environment, promotions and challenge this is where you belong.
- The qualified candidate should have strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills with a strong background in industrial controls. The position will require experience with the latest versions of the Siemens and Allen Bradley family of equipment.
- Strong understanding of electrical controls systems, mechanical drives, pneumatic s, hydraulics, PC’s, robotics, Controls networks, Data Access, MS Access, SQL, and associated software
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise using all Siemens and Allen Bradley associated software packages and others as needed
- Establish the department plan, documentation, policies, training and future direction and requirements in automation.
- Review key plant metrics/KPIs and equipment data to identify potential areas for continuous improvement then lead develop an engineered solution
- Provide second level support to the maintenance department and maintain PLC's and controls.
- Provide support for the manufacturing Controls networks and act as a liaison between plant personnel, corporate engineering and IT when needed (Knowledge of server systems is required)
- Manage controls and systems ensuring all control devices are up to date with firmware and software revisions
- Maintain a library for all device back-ups and updates and clear documentation for all control systems.
- Work closely with production and maintenance supervisors to provide effective controls support and train them to handle line issues
- Ensure equipment in area is maintained, guarded and operated in accordance with defined safety regulations and procedures
- Identify potential cost savings and cost avoidance; implement continuous improvement projects to achieve results
- Participate in design and implementation of capital projects, upgrades and system production operations machine and process improvements including budget planning for area and department
- Interface with outside contractors when needed and mange contractors on controls projects or assistance.
- Visit equipment suppliers as needed to inspect new equipment ensuring compliance with electrical specifications.
- Communicate and share technical information with corporate and other facilities around the US and internationally.
- Assures that General Safety and Food Safety is an absolute priority by setting the example as a member of senior management.
- Will be responsible for Mentoring, Developing, Training and Validating knowledge of Controls systems with all Mechanics